Honestly what could be better than waking up to soft, fluffy pancakes?
Chocolate ones with marshmallow sauce, that’s what. This is my favorite whole wheat pancake recipe, made s’mores-style. The whole wheat flour adds a little more fiber, so you can feel good about adding chocolate and fluff to your breakfast :) I promise it’s not much and it’s so, so worth it.
These are just faintly sweet and not overbearingly rich. You and your breakfast crew will love them :)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup marshmallow Fluff
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, cocoa powder, brown sugar, and salt.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk the egg into the milk. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Add the sour cream and give the batter one final stir.
- Spoon a quarter cup of batter onto a griddle or skillet set over medium heat that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Flip after 3-4 minutes, just as you notice bubbles forming around the edges of each pancake, and cook 2 minutes more.
- For the marshmallow sauce, bring water to a boil and stir it into the fluff in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over pancakes.
Nutrition Information & Notes:
Nutrition Information: Calories 371, Fat 5g, Fiber 4g, Sugars 13g, Protein 10g
Marshmallow sauce adapted from Cooking for Isaiah by Silvana Nardone