Remember that slow cooked sweet potato chili?
Goodness, I hope so.
bake this yellow number to go alongside it.
Salty and sweet. Nooked, crannied, and unabashedly crumbly. Buttery all on its own, but trust me, it’s even lovelier drizzled with a little honey.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick), melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, and buttermilk until well blended. Pour this mixture into dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined.
- Generously grease an 8” baking pan. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.