- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 ounces can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small pot, bring 3/4 cup water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 14 minutes; set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse carrot until finely chopped. Add cooked quinoa, scallions, garlic, beans, breadcrumbs, egg, cumin, salt, and pepper; pulse until combined but still slightly chunky. Form the mixture into four even patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium; cook burgers until browned, about 8 minutes per side.
Nutrition Information & Notes:
Nutrition Information: Calories 230, Fat 6g, Carb 34g, Fiber 9g, Sugars 2g, Protein 11g
Adapted from Whole Living