Here it is: the perfect guacamole recipe! A simple mix of avocado, lime, garlic, onion, tomato, and cilantro. Pure, fresh, and impossible to stop eating!
I wouldn’t call it plain, because that’s not true. It’s just simple—with enough add-ins to give it texture and flavor, but still let the avocado shine. Make it for an appetizer and grab a bag of tortilla chips for dipping, or even consider using cut up veggies if you want something a little healthier! I use guacamole as a spread on sandwiches, on top of eggs, tacos, and in homemade burrito bowls, too.
Now that I’ve started making this recipe, I’ll never make any other—it’s just, well, perfect!
- 3 avocados, peeled and mashed coarsely with a fork
- juice of 1 lime (2 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ medium tomato, finely chopped
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and serve immediately with tortilla chips.