This truly might be the easiest ever barbecue beef slow cooker recipe. But when combined with slices of fresh mango and a handful of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, then pressed into a hot quesadilla? It’s just too good not to share.
If you love all three of these star ingredients by themselves, you’ll love them all together even more. And once you make the slow cooked smoky barbecue beef, you can use it in a bunch of other ways, too, so there’s really no reason not to make it! Am I an enabler, or what?
- 2 pounds top of the round beef roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 large mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine beef and barbecue sauce in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. When done, shred the meat by pulling against the grain of the meat with two forks.
- To assemble the quesadillas: On one half of each tortilla, spread 1/2 cup beef, 1/4 of the mango, 1/4 of the red onion, and 1/4 cup cheese. Fold the empty half over the filled half and either place on a lightly oiled grill or frying pan for 2-3 minutes per side, until the cheese melts.
Nutrition Information & Notes:
*Note: This recipe makes more beef than you will use in the quesadillas.