Remember that time I asked you to use applesauce to bake donuts? I hope so; it was yesterday. Welp, here’s a reminder. Aaaand a recipe for spiced applesauce in the slow cooker. Does it get better than that?
Now’s the season for something warm, homey, and brown sugared. I can’t think of anything better than filling my house with the smell of apples and cinnamon, can you?
- 8 medium apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine apples and water in your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon and continue cooking for another 30 minutes. Taste and add more cinnamon to your liking.
Nutrition Information & Notes:
Nutrition Information: Calories 124, Fat 0g, Carb 37g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 33g, Protein 0g
adapted from AllRecipes