Strawberries and banana not only bring bright, sweet flavor to the vanilla batter, but they add moisture too, making these strawberry banana pancakes as tender as they are pretty!
I don’t know about you, but I am on a roll with breakfasts lately.
It would appear that my life has become a 24-hour diner, where every surface is icky-sticky with maple syrup and the air always smells faintly of bacon. The mugs of coffee are bottomless and the dish washer is so surly.
It’s glamorous. It all began last week with granola.
And now, a short stack of the softest, fluffiest strawberry banana pancakes.
Things could be worse, I know.
I just may never be able to go back to oatmeal.
Strawberries and banana not only bring bright and sweet flavor to the vanilla batter, but they add moisture too, making the pancakes as tender as they are pretty.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mashed banana (2 large bananas)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Whisk the flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla, and milk in a small bowl. Pour into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add the mashed banana and stir to combine. Fold in the strawberries
- Spoon ¼ cup of the batter onto a griddle or skillet set over medium heat that has been well coated with nonstick cooking spray. Flip after about 3 minutes, just as you notice bubbles forming around the edges of each pancake, and cook 2 minutes more.
- Serve stacks with a pat of butter and pure maple syrup.
Nutrition Information & Notes:
Nutrition Information for 1/4 of Entire Recipe: Calories 350, Total Fat 4.5 g, Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g, Dietary Fiber 6.3 g, Sugars 14.9 g, Protein 14.1 g