This is the easiest and most flavorful soba noodle salad with shrimp! Toss it in a zingy homemade peanut ginger dressing and serve it warm or cold!
After the multiple Irish feasts I ate this past weekend, I needed something or someone to drag me out from my salt cave.
And this was it. Shrimp. Soba noodles. Peanut butter. Ginger. Lime. Love.
Served warm, served cold–this soba noodle salad offers so much flavor. It’s rich and peanut buttery, but made zingy and bright with soy and fresh squeezed lime. You can taste the sweetness and warmth of fresh ginger and the darker, deeper notes of toasted sesame oil. It’s certainly a healthy perk that the noodles are whole grain (made from buckwheat) and protein-packed. And adding finely shredded Napa cabbage, carrots, and scallions to the noodles adds not only bulk but interesting textural variety as well.
If you try this recipe at home, feel free to use almond butter in place of the peanut or swap chicken for the shrimp.
Serve this soba noodle salad with peanut sauce hot OR cold for a quick lunch or dinner!
- ¼ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 ounces dried buckwheat soba noodles (4 cups cooked)
- 2 cups finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a food processor or blender, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Boil the soba noodles according to the package directions.
- While the noodles are boiling, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until pink and opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Drain the noodles and put them into a large serving bowl. Add the cabbage, carrots, scallions, and dressing, and toss to combine. To serve, divide the dressed noodles among four serving bowls and then top each portion with shrimp.
Nutrition Information & Notes:
Nutrition Information: Calories 451, Fat 18g, Carb 40g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 8g, Protein 35g
Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis