How ’bout this as a new series? Better yet, how ’bout this for lunch? I figure most of us are not only packing lunch on weekdays, but trying to keep our eats a bit interesting, too. So here’s my contribution to society: filling, super-tasty mid-day meal ideas that are healthy and 400 calories or less. I’m already packing them in Mom’s lunchbox, so why not share them here?
Now, this wrap. Nothing fancy by any means and barely a “recipe,” but still, it’s worthy of sharing. We should start by discussing the wrap itself: Joseph’s Flax, Oat Bran, & Whole Wheat Lavash Bread. Only 100 calories and massive. It’s larger than most standard tortillas, and for a mere fraction of the calories. Let me tell you, it makes for a whopper of a roll-up.
The filling, too, cannot be beat: sliced [all-natural] turkey breast from the deli counter, avocado, bacon, and creamy Laughing Cow cheese in French onion flavor, which I’ve loved forever.
It’s a cinch to throw together and easily portable for on-the-go lunches, but the best part? It’s delicious and filling. The fact that it clocks in at a reasonable 360 calories isn’t too shabby either. Pair it with a cup or two of fresh seasonal fruit or cut-up veggies (broccoli florets, carrot sticks, cucumber slices) for an even more complete meal.
- 1 Joseph’s Flax, Oat Bran, & Whole Wheat Lavash
- 1 French Onion Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge
- ½ medium tomato, sliced
- ¼ medium avocado, sliced
- 2 ounces sliced all-natural turkey deli meat (2 thick slices or 3-4 thin ones)
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 large leaves eaves romaine lettuce
- Lay the lavash bread on a clean work surface with the long end facing you. Spread the Laughing Cow cheese in a line down the center of the bread, length-wise. Arrange the tomato slices on top of the cheese, followed by the avocado. Lay the turkey slices evenly over the avocado. Lay the bacon slices end-to-end down the center of the lavash, on top of the turkey, so that the bacon will be in each bite you take. Top with the lettuce leaves. Fold one of the long sides of the lavash over the filling and carefully begin rolling, using your fingers to tuck in the filling if you notice it falling out. Cut the wrap in half, wrap tightly in aluminum foil, and refrigerate or keep cool with ice packs until lunchtime.
Nutrition Information & Notes:
Nutrition Information for 1 Wrap: Calories 360, Total Fat 18.9 g, Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g, Dietary Fiber 10.0 g, Sugars 1.1 g, Protein 32.2 g