This is the summery mix I made last week for Mom. Since then, it has quickly become my new favorite salad. Sweet ripe peaches, grilled chicken, salty pistachios, creamy goat cheese, and a homemade honey vinaigrette. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch each of salt and pepper
- 5 ounces spring mix (or any baby greens you like)
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces shelled pistachios (about ½ cup)
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 12 ounces grilled chicken, thinly sliced (about 2 standard-sized breasts)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and honey. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly, followed by the salt and pepper, and continue whisking until well combined.
- In a large bowl, toss the spring mix, goat cheese, and pistachios. Add the dressing and toss to coat. To serve, divide the salad among four plates or bowls. Distribute the peaches and chicken evenly among the salads. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information & Notes:
Nutrition Information for 1 Serving (1/4th of Entire Recipe): Calories 450, Total Fat 28.7 g, Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g, Dietary Fiber 4.2 g, Sugars 15.2 g, Protein 27.7 g