This post is sponsored by DeLallo.
Sadly, not every fall meal can be a Thanksgiving feast. We need some wholesome, veggie-heavy dishes in there, too. So that’s what this pretty pear gorgonzola salad is for—the non-holiday, non-party days, when you crave something hearty and warm, but not take a nap rich.
It’s full of sweet, caramelized roasted vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts, baby kale leaves, and dressed in a fresh thyme-scented golden balsamic vinaigrette. Golden balsamic is similar to regular balsamic vinegar, but it’s made with lighter (green) grapes. DeLallo makes the sweet golden balsamic I use.
And as much as I love all those things I just listed, the real punch of flavor in here comes from the DeLallo Bold Gorgonzola SaladSavor I used. It’s easily one of my favorite finds this year.
The package has all the fun, gourmet toppings you’d need to spruce up a bag of lettuce and make a delicious salad in no time. It’s a lifesaver. The Bold Gorgonzola flavor I used here comes with tangy crumbled gorgonzola, sweet dried pear, and toasted almonds.
Whether you’re looking for a lighter meal, lunch, or a Thanksgiving side salad, give this pear gorgonzola salad a try this fall!
Here’s a video to show you how I made it!
Harvest Pear Gorgonzola Salad with Roasted Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- ½ medium head cauliflower chopped into small florets
- ½ pound carrots chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts quartered
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme 4 to 5 sprigs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups loosely packed baby kale
- 1 DeLallo Bold Gorgonzola SaladSavors
- In a small bowl, whisk the white balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside while you assemble the rest of the salad.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. On a large rimmed baking sheet (you may need two), toss the cauliflower, carrots, and Brussels sprouts with the oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and roast until tender and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the baby kale with the dressing. Add the roasted vegetables and toss to combine. Sprinkle the crumbled gorgonzola and the package of dried pears and toasted almonds from the SaladSavor over the top; toss. Arrange the salad on a platter if serving family-style, or divide the salad among 6 small serving plates or bowls. Serve.
Calories 226, Total Fat 14.7g, Sat Fat 3.7g, Carb 19.7g, Fiber 5.7g, Sugars 8.1g, Protein 7.5g