I don’t really know that this merits a recipe,
so maybe a whole post is verging on pretentious here.
But I know that if you found a favorite way to flavor and sear the last of your summer vegetables,
and you didn’t tell me right away,
I’d be three rosy shades of angry.
So just in case you’re in need of a way to sexy up your summer squash, to zazzle your zucchini,
Sauteed Zucchini and Summer Squash with Herbs and Crispy Garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs de Provence (a commercially sold blend of savory, fennel, basil, thyme, lavender flowers and sometimes other herbs)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 summer squash, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- Add the olive oil to a large fry pan set over medium heat. Stir in the herbs and garlic and let the mixture slowly heat through. The garlic and herbs will infuse their flavors into the oil.
- After two minutes, stirring occasionally, the garlic should be fragrant and beginning to tan. Add the zucchini and summer squash to the oil and saute for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently so that the vegetables do not burn. They should be softened but beginning to brown on their cut sides. Serve zucchini and summer squash slices with the crispy garlic and herbs immediately.