S’Mores Brownies. Rich and intense chocolate fudge brownies. Gently salted and buttery graham cracker crumb crust. Billowy toasted marshmallows.
4th of July S’Mores Brownies
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (15 cracker sheets)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Fudge Brownie Filling: (recipe from Baker’s One Bowl Brownies)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Toasted Marshmallow Topping:
- 4 cups (packed) miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 13×9” pan with foil. Coat with cooking spray. Make the graham cracker crust by combining the graham crumbs, sugar, and butter in a large bowl. Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan- creating an even 1/4″ thick crust.
- Place the chocolate and the butter in a large bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes on high heat, until the butter is melted. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in the sugar. Mix well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Blend in the flour, mixing until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and give it one final stir.
- Pour the brownie batter over the crust in the pan and spread evenly to the sides.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few fudgy crumbs.
- The top should be shiny. Let the brownies cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Turn on your oven’s broiler. Spread the marshmallows over the cooled brownies. Broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the marshmallows begin to brown. Watch them carefully because once they begin to brown, they can burn very quickly. Let the pan cool. Lift the foil overhang to remove the bars from the pan. Peel down the foil sides. Cut into squares using a sharp knife. For a clean edge, wipe the knife down after each slice with a damp towel.