This quick and easy chicken recipe is one of the best dinner recipes you’ll make! Cook it all in one skillet with sun dried tomatoes and feta!
“Like everything she buys, this jar of sun dried tomatoes was impulsive,” said my bank account.
Despite my excitement about it at the market, it’s been sitting in my pantry for two weeks next to all of my other fantastically rushed decisions. Only today did I even begin to consider plucking it from the shelf for use.
And I am so glad that I did.
Sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil have an ultra concentrated sweetness to them. They’re so bursting with intensity that even just a few of them go a long way in adding interest to a dish.
Tonight, my goal was quick, easy, and packed with flavor. To that end, I chose to saute strips of simply seasoned chicken in the olive oil that surrounded the tomatoes in their jar, knowing that the infused oil would impart a bit of its richness to the chicken.
I then added a truly staggering amount of garlic (we can never skimp!), the remainder of the jar of sweet sun dried tomatoes, and a mound of tangy feta, and in the end, the whole dish came together in 20 minutes.
This is the kind of meal to keep in your recipe rotation for busy weeknights. The ingredient list is short; the directions are straightforward; and the flavor is brilliant.
20 Minute Skillet: Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta
- 1 8- ounce jar sun dried tomatoes in olive oil must be oil-packed; found in the produce section or with the canned tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Remove the sun dried tomatoes from their jar, carefully draining the excess olive oil, and reserve 1 tablespoon of oil for later use.
- Lay the tomatoes on a cutting board and press gently with a paper towel to absorb more of the oil; discard the towel. Finely chop the tomatoes and set aside.
- Pour the reserved tablespoon of the oil from the sun dried tomato jar into a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken strips, sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, and oregano, and sauté for 10-12 minutes, taking care to sear the strips on all sides, until no longer pink.
- Add the chopped sun dried tomatoes and the crumbled feta, and stir to combine. Serve immediately alongside your choice of vegetables and grains.