Create a restaurant quality chicken dinner at home that is packed full of flavor! The best grilled chicken topped with pantry ingredients. It doesn’t get much better than this!
Make a restaurant-quality chicken recipe with boneless skinless chicken breasts and a few flavorful store-bought ingredients (that you can keep on hand at all times for an easy yet impressive meal).
How to make Best Grilled Chicken Recipe with Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta
- In a small bowl, whisk the cider vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture into a gallon-size resealable plastic bag and add the chicken. Press as much air from the bag as possible and seal. Turn the bag a few times to coat all of the chicken in marinade and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day, turning the bag occasionally to ensure the chicken marinates evenly.
- Preheat your gas grill with all burners on high and close the lid. When the grill is hot (after about 15 minutes), turn the 2 burners closest to the front to low, keeping the back burner on high. Remove the chicken from the bag and arrange on the grates over the low heat burners. Cover and cook until the underside of the chicken is just beginning to develop light grill marks, 6 to 9 minutes. Flip the chicken, cover, and continue to cook until the chicken is firm to touch, 6 to 9 minutes longer. To get a nice char on the chicken, now move the chicken to the part of the grill over high flames and cook uncovered until each side has solid grill marks, 5 to 6 minutes, flipping halfway. The chicken should be completely firm to the touch and register 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, tent with foil, and let it rest for 5 minutes before topping with artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, and crumbled feta.
A delicious topping for the best grilled chicken
This tasty grilled chicken is topped with jarred artichokes, jarred sun dried tomatoes, and feta cheese. This makes for a fresh and flavorful weeknight meal that comes together really quickly. Keep a jar of marinated artichokes and a jar of sun dried tomatoes in your pantry for an easy, restaurant-quality chicken dinner whenever you fancy!
Marinated Grilled Chicken Recipe
To tenderize and add flavor to the chicken breasts themselves, marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes in a mix of balsamic vinegar, garlic, dried basil and oregano, and olive oil. Fresh garlic is preferable but you can substitute 1 teaspoon of garlic powder for the 3 cloves with no impact on flavor. The marinade adds an amazing flavor to the chicken when you grill it, as well as making it beautifully tender and succulent.
How to Store Feta Cheese
I like to keep feta cheese in my fridge at all times because the richness and tang of feta has the power to upgrade almost any recipe. I buy it in block form, packaged in brine, because it’s softer and creamier than the pre-crumbled feta. Another perk of buying a block of feta in brine is that it should keep for a few months if left unopened. Once opened, feta in brine will keep for anywhere from 1 week to 6 weeks if you keep it covered in brine in a sealed container. An unopened packaged of crumbled feta cheese, on the other hand, will only keep for about a week. My rule of thumb is, if you have to wonder whether something is fresh or not, it isn’t worth the risk so toss it.
Top tips to make Best Grilled Chicken Recipe with Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breast that is raised without antibiotics.
- Buy the best ingredients you can for the topping for the best flavors.
- Before cooking the chicken, pre-heat the grill and let the chicken come to room temperature.
- If you don’t have a grill, you can cook the chicken breasts in a pre heated oven.
Be sure to check out these other delicious grilled chicken recipes!
Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa by Gimme Delicious
Pesto Marinated Grilled Chicken by Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
If you have tried the Best Grilled Chicken recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious, healthy, family friendly food!
Chicken with Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta
- 4 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts (from a jar packed in oil), drained of oil and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes (from a jar packed in oil), drained of oil and roughly chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese (1/2 cup)