Coconut milk and curry powder together make for a tremendously satisfying dish.
add ginger, jalapeno, fresh cilantro, and a mass of minced garlic, and
This lively Indian meal is two things: quick and wildly flavorful. Your house will smell divine–less like curry and more like sauteed ginger and garlic. When I made it, I wondered why I hadn’t thought to invite a bunch of guests over, because it’s one of those meals whose flavors taste a lot more complex and sophisticated than they really are.
Serve it with peas, long-grain white rice, and lots of fresh cilantro for a full, balanced dinner.
And please, invite me over.
Healthy Coconut Curry Chicken
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeño peppers cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- ¼ cup packed cilantro leaves roughly chopped