It’s been too long. But rest assured; I’m back
I made you a salad—which, well, isn’t quite a pan of brownies, but I promise you, it’s lovely in its own right. This cranberry quinoa salad recipe is loaded with crunchy sunflower seeds, chopped fresh bell peppers, scallions, sweet cranberries, and a bright honey lemon dressing!
This wholesome and hearty mix is a riff off of Anne’s pretty perfect recipe. It’s sweet, tart, and fragrant all at once, which just can’t be beat. And beyond the flavor, it’s filling, too, which makes it a great make-ahead lunch for busy weekdays. But I’ve also made this for parties as a healthy side dish and gotten rave reviews from friends and family!
Hope you love it, friends!
Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 ½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Cook the quinoa in the chicken broth according to the package directions; set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the fresh lemon juice, honey, and olive oil. Add the salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa with the parsley, scallions, bell peppers, sunflower seeds, and cranberries. Pour the lemon dressing over the top and toss to coat well.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or cover and chill to serve cold.
- The quinoa will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.