Everyone needs a quick baked chicken recipe that turns out delicious and tender every single time. To make this easy baked chicken, top boneless skinless chicken breasts with mayo, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and basil, and bake for 20 minutes.
It may not seem like it, but a good baked chicken recipe is a gift. It’s easy, reliable, and it saves you time and energy. There’s no standing at the stove, wondering if your seared chicken is browned enough or cooked all the way through, no time-consuming marinades or messy breading to do. You simply combine chicken breasts and 5 straightforward ingredients in a dish and bake. That’s it.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Seasoned panko breadcrumbs
For flavor and texture, these baked chicken breasts are topped with a thin, creamy layer of mayonnaise infused with fresh basil and a light coating of crispy, garlic Parmesan breadcrumbs. The mayo provides richness and seals in the chicken’s moisture without lending much flavor (the fresh basil is there for that, after all) so if you’re not much of a mayo fan, don’t worry. It also acts as the perfect surface for the crispy crumbs to adhere to.
Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes, until the topping is crispy and golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges.
Easy Baked Chicken with Basil Mayo and Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 4-6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black paper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and basil.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels and place them side by side in a baking dish. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Spread the mayo mixture evenly over the top of each chicken breast. Sprinkle the breadcrumb and Parmesan mixture over the tops, using the back of a spoon to gently press the crumbs into the mayonnaise to help them stick. Spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake until the breadcrumb topping is golden brown and crispy and an instant thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest breast registers 160 degrees, 18 to 22 minutes. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.