Made with yellow cake mix, instant vanilla pudding mix, almond extract, a jar of maraschino cherries, and sliced almonds, this easy bundt cake recipe is full of irresistible cherry almond flavor and effortlessly soft and tender.
Now is the time for easy baking recipes, don’t you think? We could all use a few more activities to do with kids or simply an hour-long distraction we can do on our own. This Cherry Almond Bundt Cake is the perfect pick-me-up. It’s full of sweet cherry almond flavor and it’s pretty as can be—without much effort at all. And that’s the best thing about it: how incredibly easy it is to make. I went with boxed cake mix and instant pudding mix because I have been getting a lot of requests for very simple baking recipes and the resulting bundt cake is incredibly soft and moist.
I love using a bundt pan because even with these simple ingredients, the cake comes out looking fancy.
Ingredients for Easy Cherry Almond Bundt Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding (not sugar-free/fat-free)
- Jar of maraschino cherries
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Almond extract
- Milk (any kind—dairy or non-dairy)
- Powdered Sugar
Easy Cherry Almond Bundt Cake
- Flour (for dusting your bundt pan)
- 1 box yellow cake mix (15-ounce box)
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4-ounce package)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled (plus more for greasing your bundt pan)
- 1 tbsp pure almond extract
- 1 jar maraschino cherries (16-ounce jar or about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use butter to grease and then flour the bundt pan, tapping out the excess flour.
- Cut 8 of the cherries in half and set them aside for decorating the cake. Roughly chop the remaining cherries (quarter them).
- In a large bowl, whisk the cake mix and pudding mix. Add the eggs, milk, melted butter, and almond extract and beat on medium until combined. Stir in the chopped cherries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the icing: In a large bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and almond extracts until smooth. Icing should be thick but pourable. Add more milk if necessary, 1 tablespoon at a time. Spoon it over the top of the bundt cake and let it drip down the sides. While the icing is still wet, sprinkle the top of the cake with the sliced almonds. Arrange the reserved cherries that you cut in half earlier around the top of the cake. Serve.