To make a smoothie bowl that tastes like an iced mocha, simply blend up healthy ingredients like almond milk, baby spinach, a scoop of chocolate protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, and a touch of espresso powder (or instant coffee). This high protein chocolate espresso smoothie bowl is thick, rich, super chocolatey, and provides a whopping 29 grams of protein.
Chocolate and healthy are two words that don’t seem like they belong in the same sentence, but in this protein-filled cappuccino smoothie bowl recipe, they’re the best of friends. They’re blended together with almond milk, baby spinach, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, and espresso powder (or instant coffee). The resulting smoothie is thick and rich, super duper chocolatey, provides a whopping 29 grams of protein, and it will satisfy your coffee craving, too.
Top your chocolate smoothie bowl with chocolate chips, banana slices, a spoonful of chopped walnuts, and pomegranate seeds for a filling and healthy breakfast or treat!
High Protein Chocolate Espresso Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Medjool date pitted
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee
- ⅔ cup ice
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- ½ medium banana sliced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Blend all smoothie ingredients (almond milk through ice).
- Pour into a bowl and top with chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, banana, and pomegranate seeds.