This honey barbecue meatloaf recipe is irresistible. With a little honey for sweetness and bbq sauce for smokiness, it’s everyone’s favorite comfort food!
My mother has her hands on the best meatloaf recipe in the western hemisphere, and maybe the eastern too, but I haven’t gotten that far. So if you want to try it–if you want a taste of pure comfort and love, or to just be downright swaddled in deliciousness, then pack a bag and head to Medfield, Massachusetts. My mom will welcome you with open arms and very likely, 3 dozen cookies. “What can I get you to eat?” is her version of, “How are you?”
Ask for the meatloaf. A moist, smoky, and sweet recipe made with honey and BBQ sauce that stays tender after 45 minutes in the oven and is best served with mashed potatoes. It’s rich, hearty, and never fails.
Once you know how good this meatloaf is, you’ll never go back to other recipes. You’ll make it again and again and it will become a family favorite in no time. Nothing satisfies quite like it.
The best part? It only requires a handful of ingredients and is a cinch to throw together. Add this to your list of must-makes!
Honey Barbecue Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the ground beef, panko, 1 tablespoon of the worcestershire sauce, the mustard, 3 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce, the salt, and pepper. Do not overwork the meat.
- Shape the mixture into a long, thick log and place in an oiled baking dish. Be careful not to pack the meat too tightly or you'll end up with a very dense, tough loaf.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, the remaining 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce, and the honey. Spread evenly over the meatloaf bake for 45 minutes. Slice and serve!