Here it is: the perfect guacamole recipe! A simple mix of avocado, lime, garlic, onion, tomato, and cilantro. Pure, fresh, and impossible to stop eating!
I wouldn’t call it plain, because that’s not true. It’s just simple—with enough add-ins to give it texture and flavor, but still let the avocado shine. Make it for an appetizer and grab a bag of tortilla chips for dipping, or even consider using cut up veggies if you want something a little healthier! I use guacamole as a spread on sandwiches, on top of eggs, tacos, and in homemade burrito bowls, too.
Now that I’ve started making this recipe, I’ll never make any other—it’s just, well, perfect!
The Perfect Guacamole
- 3 avocados peeled and mashed coarsely with a fork
- juice of 1 lime 2 tablespoons
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ medium tomato finely chopped
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and serve immediately with tortilla chips.