This is hands-down the BEST slow cooker sweet potato chili recipe. Keep it simple and vegetarian, with only the beans and sweet potatoes, or add ground beef if you want a little extra heartiness!
Everyone raves about this recipe and I’m so happy to make it often because it’s a snap to toss all the ingredients into my crock pot and let it cook away all day. Leftovers just get better and better!
Slow Cooked Sweet Potato Chili
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 lb ground 90% lean ground beef sirloin optional
- Combine all ingredients in the base of your slow cooker (including raw ground beef, if using) and stir to mix well. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.