This is hands-down the BEST slow cooker sweet potato chili recipe. You can keep it simple and vegetarian, with only the beans and sweet potatoes, or add ground beef for extra heartiness!
Everyone raves about this recipe and I’m so happy to make it often because it’s a snap to toss all the ingredients into my crock pot and let it cook away all day. Leftovers just get better and better!
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 lb ground 90% lean ground beef sirloin optional
- Combine all ingredients in the base of your slow cooker (including raw ground beef, if using) and stir to mix well. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.