Elevate a classic Caesar salad with Southwestern seasoned shrimp and sweet corn! It’s packed with flavor and ready in 15 minutes. This recipe is sponsored by DOLE.
By now you all know how I feel about salad. I probably love a good salad as much as anyone can. I’m one of those annoying people who doesn’t mind all the chopping and prepping and who will tell you that the possibilities are endless if you really think about it. But even I find myself looking for shortcuts at times. Sometimes I want a great meal-sized salad without the whole having to make it from start to finish part. Know what I mean? Take when we were moving, for example. Two nights before we left New Jersey, Daniel asked what I wanted for dinner. A great big salad, I told him.
“OK do you want to make it?”
“Then do you want to order it?”
I wanted it to be in my kitchen already. I want a restaurant-y salad ready to eat in 15 minutes or less. So I looked in the fridge. I had DOLE’s new organic Caesar salad kit. I peeked in my freezer: Shrimp. Corn. On my counter: a lime on its way shriveling. I had a cabinet of spices I still had to pack.
In 20 minutes (needed some thawing time for the shrimp), I had that restaurant salad. I’ll admit, even though I’d like to take the credit for how delicious this salad was, the DOLE organic Caesar salad kit really made it happen.
I should have known, too. I was thrilled to see the new DOLE Organic Salad Kits (also available in Apple Dijon!) come out. They provide me with all the quality organic produce and toppings I need to make a great salad while also making prep and clean-up a breeze. The Organic Caesar Salad Kit that I used for this salad has organic baby romaine (a nice change from the typical chopped romaine), Parmesan pita chips, shaved Parmesan cheese, and a creamy, flavorful Caesar dressing.
To bump up the protein and make this more of a main course, I quickly tossed a bowl of large, raw shrimp (thawed from frozen) with chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper, then sautéed them in a skillet, a process that takes all of 6 minutes since shrimp cook up fast! These Southwestern-seasoned (mildly spicy) shrimp taste so good on the creamy Parmesan-laced Caesar salad. And to ramp up the Southwestern flair juuust a bit more, I added a little sweet corn on top!
This is a quick and easy meal that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
Southwestern Shrimp Caesar Salad
- 1 pound large raw shrimp
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- .125 tspPinch cayenne pepper or more depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 8.25- ounce DOLE Organic Caesar Salad Kit
- ½ cup frozen sweet corn thawed
- 1 lime quartered (optional)
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and cayenne until each shrimp is coated in the seasoning.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the shrimp and cook until browned and opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, prepare the Caesar salad kit by tossing the baby romaine with the dressing, Parmesan cheese, pita chips, and corn. Divide the salad among 4 bowls and top evenly with the cooked shrimp. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.