This green smoothie bowl is sponsored by Amazon.
This refreshing and colorful green smoothie bowl packs two servings of fruit, 17 grams of protein, and it will provide you with your daily dose of dark leafy greens. What’s not to love?
It also happens to be the smoothie bowl I make most often, with banana, almond milk, nonfat Greek yogurt, kale (or spinach), cucumber, green apple, and a squeeze of lime juice.
The banana and green apple help to cover any flavor of kale, and they give it just enough sweetness. And don’t forget, the raspberries and granola on top will sweeten it even more.
A few slices of cucumber and fresh lime juice make the whole bowl refreshing and bright. Nonfat Greek yogurt provides creaminess and a hefty dose of protein, too, while the chia seeds add healthy omega-3 fats and fiber.
Use frozen bananas (just peel, slice, and freeze pieces on a cookie sheet until firm, then place in a small plastic baggie until ready to use) to make this green smoothie bowl a little thicker and fluffier.
Superfood Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1 medium banana sliced and frozen
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chopped kale or baby spinach
- ⅓ medium cucumber chopped
- ½ medium green apple seeds removed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons granola
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Blend all smoothie ingredients (banana through lime).
- Pour into a bowl and top with granola, raspberries, and chia seeds.