Easy Bruschetta Recipe with Chicken
Fresh tomatoes are traditional when tomatoes are ripe and in season, but you CAN make a delicious, easy bruschetta recipe with canned tomatoes. It’s the perfect topping for this pan-seared chicken cutlets, with fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 14.5 ounce can Tuttorosso Petite Diced Tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional additions: fresh mozzarella or parmesan cheese
Simple Pan-Seared Chicken Cutlets:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
In a large bowl, combine the canned tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes before starting the chicken to allow the flavors to marry.
Season the chicken cutlets on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken cutlets and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Transfer the cooked cutlets to a plate. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the skillet and cook the remaining cutlets.
To serve, arrange your chicken cutlets on a large platter and spoon the bruschetta topping over them.Cover and refrigerate any leftover bruschetta topping.
1 serving (1/4 of entire recipe): 3 WW Freestyle points
Bruschetta Topping (1/4 of bruschetta recipe):
-- 2 WW Freestyle points
-- 95 calories, 7g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g sugar, 1g protein