Cheeseburger Salad with Big Mac Dressing
dressing adapted from Top Secret Recipes
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons full-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons full-fat sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- dash Tabasco sauce or hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef sirloin
- 1 large head romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- dill pickle slices optional
In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup, water, vinegar, relish, onion, sugar, Tabasco, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the ground beef and cook for about 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally and using the spatula to crumble the meat.
Add the garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds, until fragrant. The meat should no longer be pink; if it is, continue to cook until browned. Remove pan from heat and set aside while you assemble the salads.
Divide the romaine, tomatoes, and cheese evenly among four large bowls or plates. Divide the beef mixture evenly among the salads. Drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons dressing. Serve immediately.
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.1g | Protein: 43.1g | Fat: 24.8g | Fiber: 4.1g | Sugar: 1.2g