Spring Zucchini Noodle Salad with Salami, Provolone and Olives
This spring zucchini noodle salad with salami, provolone and olives tastes just like an Italian antipasto plate!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium summer squash
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 ounces Genoa salami 4-6 thin slices; I like Applegate Farms brand
- 2 ounces provolone cheese 4 thin slices
- 1/2 cup olives pitted and chopped (about 10 olives)
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing I used and recommend Annie's Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano optional, for serving
Cut the ends off of the zucchini and summer squash. Use a vegetable peeler to slice each vegetable lengthwise into long, thin ribbons. Do not worry if the ribbons break, or if they’re uneven. Put them in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, and the dressing and toss to coat. Let the veggies sit while you prepare the meat and cheese.
Lay the salami slices on a clean work surface and put a slice of provolone on top of each. Roll the meat and cheese up into logs and thinly slice width-wise. Scatter the bits into the bowl with the vegetables. Alternatively, leave the pinwheels intact for a more elegant look. Divide the salad among two plates, top with a sprinkling of dried oregano if desired, and serve!