15 Minute Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry
This ginger shrimp stir-fry will become your weekly staple. It's quick, easy, and always packed with flavor!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 ½ pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño pepper cored, seeded, and finely chopped
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, and cornstarch.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the canola oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until pink and opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of the canola oil to the now-empty pan and add the onion, red pepper, green pepper, and mushrooms, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger, and jalapeño and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
Return the shrimp to the pan and stir to coat in the sauce. Serve immediately.