Thai Basil Turkey Meatballs
Servings: 4 Servings
For the spicy garlic sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce Sambal Oelek
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce I like Sambal Oelek
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 large egg whites
Make the sauce: Whisk all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 2-3 minutes, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Set aside.
Make the meatballs: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and use your hands to form even balls roughly 1-inch in diameter. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake them for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Serve the meatballs with sauce, either for dipping as an appetizer, or on top, as an entree.
Nutrition Information for Meatballs WITH Sauce: Calories 214, Fat 3g, Carb 17g, Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g, Protein 30g
Nutrition Information for Meatballs Plain: Calories 196, Fat 3g, Carb 12g, Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g, Protein 29g
Calories: 214kcal | Fat: 3g