Hawaiian Salad with Pineapple Chicken
We have a tropical getaway in a bowl. It combines tender ginger-soy-marinated pineapple chicken, juicy pineapple, sliced almonds, crisp romaine lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, and a light sesame vinaigrette!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time18 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 1 ¼ pounds chicken breast tenderloins
Sesame Soy Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove minced (or ½ teaspoon ground)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 DOLE® Romaine Hearts
- ¾ cup DOLE® Shredded Carrots
- ¾ cup DOLE® Shredded Red Cabbage
- 2 cups chopped DOLE® Fresh Pineapple
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
In a small bowl, whisk the pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and scallion. Put the chicken in a gallon-sized plastic bag and pour the pineapple marinade over the top. Squeeze the air out of the bag, seal, and turn the bag once or twice to coat the chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
For the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Set aside until ready to use. Whisk again before adding to the salad.
For the chicken, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the remaining marinade, and add the chicken in a single layer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before chopping into small pieces.
To assemble the salad, in a large bowl, toss the romaine, carrots, cabbage, and vinaigrette. Divide among 4 bowls or plates and top each with ¼ of chicken and pineapple. Sprinkle evenly with almonds and serve.