Harvest Pear Gorgonzola Salad with Roasted Vegetables
This pretty pear gorgonzola salad is for—the non-holiday, non-party days, when you crave something hearty and warm, but not take a nap rich.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- ½ medium head cauliflower chopped into small florets
- ½ pound carrots chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts quartered
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme 4 to 5 sprigs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups loosely packed baby kale
- 1 DeLallo Bold Gorgonzola SaladSavors
In a small bowl, whisk the white balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside while you assemble the rest of the salad.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. On a large rimmed baking sheet (you may need two), toss the cauliflower, carrots, and Brussels sprouts with the oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and roast until tender and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss the baby kale with the dressing. Add the roasted vegetables and toss to combine. Sprinkle the crumbled gorgonzola and the package of dried pears and toasted almonds from the SaladSavor over the top; toss. Arrange the salad on a platter if serving family-style, or divide the salad among 6 small serving plates or bowls. Serve.