Cranberry Quinoa Salad
This salad is perfect for the holiday season
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 ½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
Cook the quinoa in the chicken broth according to the package directions; set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, whisk the fresh lemon juice, honey, and olive oil. Add the salt.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa with the parsley, scallions, bell peppers, sunflower seeds, and cranberries. Pour the lemon dressing over the top and toss to coat well.
Serve immediately at room temperature or cover and chill to serve cold.
The quinoa will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 11.3mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2.5mg