Mini Clementine Cream Tartlets
These sweet mini clementine cream tartlets with homemade clementine curd are a spring/summer hit!
Servings: 15 servings
For the Clementine Curd:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon finely grated clementine zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed clementine juice about 2-3 clementines
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice about 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
For the Whipped Cream:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 package Athens Mini Fillo Shells 15 shells, thawed
- 15 small clementine twists Peeled clementine skin, cut into thin strips and curled, for garnish
Make the curd: Combine the egg yolks, clementine zest, clementine juice, lemon juice, and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Whisk in the butter. Remove the saucepan from heat and transfer the curd to a small bowl. Let cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Make the whipped cream: Combine the heavy cream, confectioners sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
Put the thawed phyllo cups on a large plate. Spoon 1 tablespoon of curd into each of the cups followed by a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish each with a clementine twist.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, for up to one week.
Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 21mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.1mg