Spring Zucchini Noodle Salad with Salami, Provolone and Olives
This spring zucchini noodle salad with salami, provolone and olives tastes just like an Italian antipasto plate!
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium summer squash
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 ounces Genoa salami 4-6 thin slices; I like Applegate Farms brand
- 2 ounces provolone cheese 4 thin slices
- 1/2 cup olives pitted and chopped (about 10 olives)
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing I used and recommend Annie's Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano optional, for serving
Cut the ends off of the zucchini and summer squash. Use a vegetable peeler to slice each vegetable lengthwise into long, thin ribbons. Do not worry if the ribbons break, or if they’re uneven. Put them in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, and the dressing and toss to coat. Let the veggies sit while you prepare the meat and cheese.
Lay the salami slices on a clean work surface and put a slice of provolone on top of each. Roll the meat and cheese up into logs and thinly slice width-wise. Scatter the bits into the bowl with the vegetables. Alternatively, leave the pinwheels intact for a more elegant look. Divide the salad among two plates, top with a sprinkling of dried oregano if desired, and serve!
Calories: 381.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.4g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 25g | Fiber: 5.6g | Sugar: 10.5g