Grilled Chicken with Bruschetta Topping
Grilled chicken with delicious Italian bruschetta topping! Under 200 calories per serving, too!
Servings: 6 Servings
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes chopped
- ¼ medium red onion finely chopped (2-3 tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil 8-10 leaves, finely chopped
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets
In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, mozzarella, a generous pinch of salt (about ¼ teaspoon each) and pepper. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and toss to coat.
Season both sides of the chicken cutlets liberally with salt and pepper. Brush your grill grates with the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
Add the chicken cutlets and cook until browned on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes, flipping halfway. Transfer the chicken to a platter and top each cutlet with the bruschetta topping.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 7g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g