Lightened Up Pad Thai for Two
Delicious and healthy pad Thai made with cabbage noodles!
Servings: 2 Servings
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small head green cabbage finely shredded (about 5 cups)
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms chopped (any kind)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ounce salted dry roasted peanuts chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro or Thai basil chopped
- Sriracha optional, for serving
In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, garlic, and sugar.
Set a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the cabbage and cook, stirring frequently, until tender-crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce mixture and stir well to combine.
Add eggs and stir constantly, scrambling them into the hot cabbage mixture. Stir in the cilantro. Divide the pan among two large plates or bowls and top with the peanuts and plenty of Sriracha.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 20g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g