Curried Millet with Chickpeas and Currants
An easy and healthy weeknight meal.
Servings: 6 Servings
- ¾ cup dry millet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded or grated carrots
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ cup dried currants or raisins
- 1 cup chickpeas
Put the millet in a medium saucepan and set it over medium heat. Shake the pan around and toast the grains until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add 1 ½ cups water and bring the pan to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer until all the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
Stir in all remaining ingredients and serve.
Sodium: 207mg | Calcium: 33mg | Vitamin C: 4.9mg | Vitamin A: 2000IU | Sugar: 8g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 283mg | Calories: 178kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 4g | Protein: 5g | Carbohydrates: 33g | Iron: 2.3mg