Barbecue Salmon Burrito Bowl
Between the warm taco-seasoned veggies, the fresh flavor of pico, the brightness of cilantro and lime, and the mildly sweet barbecue salmon--every bite is a flavor buffet.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper thinly sliced (any color)
- 1 medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 packed cups chopped kale
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground back pepper
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups cooked short grain brown rice
- 4 Chicken of the Sea Barbecue Flavored Salmon Pouches
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or your favorite chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 lime quartered
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until just beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the kale and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to wilt, about 3 minutes. Add the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and stir constantly for 2 minutes. At this point, the kale should be soft; if not, continue cooking for another minute. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Divide the cooked veggies, rice, and Barbecue Salmon among 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 1/4th of the cilantro, pico de gallo, guacamole, Greek yogurt. Garnish the bowls with a lime quarter and serve.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 1117mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 7145IU | Vitamin C: 122.9mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 2.8mg