3 Summer Crostini Recipes
These delcicious crostini recipes are bound to please the crowd
Servings: 24 servings
- 1 to 2 French baguettes sliced into ½-inch-thick pieces
- High heat cooking oil like safflower
- 1 to 2 packages Arla light cream cheese spread
For the Balsamic Tomato Crostini with Bacon & Dill:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- ¼ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 pound bacon pan-fried and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Small bunch of fresh dill
For the Grilled Corn & Asparagus Crostini with Lemon Zest:
- 2 ears corn on the cob shucked
- 1 bunch of asparagus tough ends trimmed
- 2 to 3 teaspoons high heat cooking oil like safflower
- 6 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the Sesame Salmon Avocado Crostini:
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 4 to 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Make the Balsamic Tomato Crostini:
On a cutting board, use the back of a spoon to smash the garlic into a paste, then add it to a medium bowl.
Whisk in the balsamic and oil, salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and onion and toss. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes and no more than 30 minutes.
Assemble the crostini: Spread cream cheese on the baguette, followed by bacon, a small spoonful of the drained balsamic tomatoes and onion, and top with a sprig or 2 of dill. Finish with freshly ground black pepper.
Grilled corn & asparagus crostini:
Bring eggs and cool water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, cover the pot and remove it from heat. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain and submerge the eggs in ice cold water. When they’re cool enough to handle, peel them and slice them with a sharp knife.
For the corn and asparagus: toss both veggies in oil and season with salt and pepper.
Light a grill or grill pan and grill them, turning frequently, until the asparagus spears are tender and well browned, about 12 minutes, and the corn is a deep golden yellow and blackened in spots, 15 to 20 minutes.
Cut the kernels from the cob. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
Assemble the crostini: Spread with cream cheese, followed by asparagus, sliced egg, corn kernels, and a sprinkle of lemon zest.
Sesame salmon avocado crostini:
Spread cream cheese on the baguette, followed by a slice or 2 of avocado, smoked salmon, sliced radish, and a sprinkling of sesame seeds. Add lemon zest, if desired.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 546mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1.8mg