This is a perfect leftover meal, too, so you can make it ahead of time and pack slices for quick breakfasts, lunches, easy dinners, or snacks.
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup frozen corn thawed
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 cup Minute Ready to Serve Whole Grain Brown Rice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Chicken of the Sea Sweet and Spicy Flavored Salmon Pouch
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat the broiler.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the corn, scallions, and rice, season with garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add the salmon and cilantro and stir to incorporate with the other ingredients.
Reduce the heat to medium-low. Pour the eggs into the pan and stir with a rubber spatula to blend with the other ingredients. Cook until the frittata has set on the bottom and begins to firm up on top, about 3 minutes.
Sprinkle the cheese over the top. Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil until the top is lightly browned and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g