Herbed Salmon Pita Pockets
Each bite is bursting with fresh, herby flavor. These little herbed salmon patties taste fabulous tucked into a sandwich but they’d also be great on a big salad, too.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time16 mins
Total Time31 mins
Course: lunch, Main Course
Cuisine: American, greek
Keyword: herbed salmon, salmon pita pockets, salmon wraps
Servings: 4 servings
Herbed Salmon Patties:
- 2 5- ounce packages Chicken of the Sea Boneless Skinless Pink Salmon
- ⅓ cup plain panko bread crumbs or ¼ cup plain traditional bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 6- inch pita pockets white or whole wheat, cut in half
- 2 cups mixed greens or any lettuce you like
- ½ medium cucumber very thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Yogurt Dill Sauce:
- ½ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, combine the salmon, panko bread crumbs, parsley, dill, garlic, lemon juice, Greek yogurt, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Form the mixture into 12 small patties (scoop ¼ cup salmon mixture into your hands, form a ball, and then slightly flatten into a patty shape). Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake until they appear dry on the outside and slightly puffed, 16 to 18 minutes.
While the salmon patties cook, make the yogurt dill sauce. In a small bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt, lemon juice, dill, and parsley.
Assemble the pita pockets: spread some of the yogurt dill sauce inside each of the 4 pita pocket halves then stuff each half with lettuce, tomato, sliced cucumber, 3 salmon patties, and 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese. Serve!
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 915mg | Potassium: 536mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1110IU | Vitamin C: 30.1mg | Calcium: 346mg | Iron: 2.2mg