Camille’s Famous Ranchero Sauce
This Mexican sauce is good on so many things!!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 can whole tomatoes in juice juices reserved
- 1/2 yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and jalapenos. Season with salt. When onions become translucent and begin to brown, deglaze the pan with reserved tomato juice.
Cook for 5 more minutes, then add tomatoes. Crush tomatoes with a wooden spoon until well integrated into the sauce.
Add cumin, cayenne, and season with salt (to taste). Cook for 10 minutes. Add cilantro and stir to combine.
Serve immediately over fish, chicken, enchiladas, or huevos rancheros.
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 410mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 620IU | Vitamin C: 22.1mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1.9mg