These pulled pork tacos are so easy and delicious. The meat is tender, sweet, and spicy at the same time. And the best part is that they only require a few ingredients that most of us have on hand all the time. Toss your tenderloin in the slow cooker with sweet tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, and a kick of cayenne, walk away for eight hours, and come back to find full-of-flavor shredded pork to stuff inside corn tortillas with all the fixins!
Now, for the life stuff. Here are twelve very important life lessons I learned last weekend:
- Given the amount of baking I do, I need to always wash butter down the drain using the cold faucet so that the butter clumps and flows right on through. Hot water causes the butter to melt and coat the lining of your pipes, eventually leading to build up and blockage.
- That watching CNN while I cook all day on Sunday and allowing the news to seep into my brain semi-subconsciously makes me feel either a.) smarter and better informed about world affairs, or b.) closer to Anderson Cooper. I really hope he finds love.
- That The Next Karate Kid makes no logical sense, evidenced by the main character, Julie, taking meticulous care of a hawk and wearing an excessive number of cropped shirts.
- That watching The Next Karate Kid kills at least 25 brain cells per hour. Run time: 2 hours 49 minutes. Should have stuck with CNN.
- Whenever possible, double the recipe I’m cooking, wrap it well, put it in Tupperware, and freeze half. Saves time and energy.
- I need to wash my floor more often. The hard wood in my kitchen should not resemble a Jackson Pollack in food splatter art.
- Cleaning said floors hurts my spirit.
- Dark chocolate Almond Joy cookies heal said spirit.
- Roasting two whole chickens means ten no-fuss, delicious meals.
- When and if the DVR fails to record Jersey Shore, The View, and/or Oprah, because Daniel has maxed it out with recorded sporting events, I should not threaten a divorce. Mainly because we are not married yet.
- That my slow cooker never fails me.
Mexican pulled pork tacos made in the crock pot! So easy and so delicious!
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, or chicken
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce, or one 12oz jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I use 1 full teaspoon for more heat)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Place pork in the base of your slow cooker. In a small bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients. Pour evenly over pork. Cook on low for 8 hours. When done, shred the pork using two forks, pulling against the grain of the meat. Serve in warmed tortillas with shredded lettuce, sliced bell peppers, chopped tomatoes, black olives, grated cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Garnish with chopped scallions.
Nutrition Information & Notes:
Nutrition info for 1 serving of pork: Calories: 213.4, Fat: 7.2g, Cholesterol: 67.2mg, Carb: 11.4g, Fiber: 3.4g, Sugars: 8.5g, Protein: 26.2g