Last summer, my best Seattle friends threw me a paella party to celebrate my book deals. An incredible Spanish-style cookout. And of all the deliciousness, Barnaby’s sangria was my favorite part. Spanish tapas and brandied cherries followed closely behind.
This is my inspired spin on his fruited, fizzy wine. I like to let it sit chilling in the fridge for 24 hours before serving to be sure all the flavors mingle and intensify. It’s summer lovin’ in a [hopefully bottomless] glass.
Easy Summertime Pineapple Sangria
- 1 bottle red wine- Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh berries- a mix of raspberries and bluberries
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 lime sliced into thin rounds
- 1 orange sliced into thin rounds
- 3 cups club soda
- Combine all ingredients except for club soda in a large pitcher or jug. Let chill for 24 hours to allow the flavors to marry and intensify. Add club soda before serving.