Loaded Quinoa Veggie Burgers
These quinoa burgers are so hearty, healthy and delicious!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 carrot diced
- 4 scallions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small pot, bring 3/4 cup water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 14 minutes; set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, pulse carrot until finely chopped. Add the scallions, garlic, beans, breadcrumbs, egg, cumin, salt, and pepper; pulse until combined but still slightly chunky. Stir in the cooked quinoa. The mixture will be crumbly, but you can feel free to add another egg (or 2 egg whites) if you feel like you need to help the mixture stick together better. Form into 4 even patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Carefully add the patties and cook until browned and crisp, about 8 minutes per side.
Adapted from Whole Living
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g