This is the summery mix I made last week for Mom. Since then, it has quickly become my new favorite salad. Sweet ripe peaches, grilled chicken, salty pistachios, creamy goat cheese, and a homemade honey vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Pistachio Peach Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
For the honey vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch each of salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 5 ounces spring mix or any baby greens you like
- 3 ounces goat cheese crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces shelled pistachios about ½ cup
- 2 ripe peaches pitted and thinly sliced
- 12 ounces grilled chicken thinly sliced (about 2 standard-sized breasts)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and honey. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly, followed by the salt and pepper, and continue whisking until well combined.
- In a large bowl, toss the spring mix, goat cheese, and pistachios. Add the dressing and toss to coat. To serve, divide the salad among four plates or bowls. Distribute the peaches and chicken evenly among the salads. Serve immediately.