When I got my friend Ali’s new cookbook, Inspiralize Everything, in the mail a few weeks back, I had to wonder, But like, you can’t reeeally spiralize everything, right? I mean, Ali’s already written one incredible cookbook and published hundreds of spiralized recipes on her blog, (OK already doubting my own argument here), but I’m sure she’s come across a stubborn ingredient or two. Then I started flipping through it, and boy was I wrong.
Somehow someway, Ali has managed to spiralize every fruit and vegetable imaginable. Her creativity and versatility is on full display in her comprehensive new cookbook, with dozens of new recipes from A(pples) to Z(ucchini).
Her beautifully photographed book had so many delicious-looking and delicious-sounding recipes to try. My mouth was watering over the Rutabaga Baked Ziti and the colorful Summer Ratatouille. After working up a serious appetite looking through every page I eventually settled on the Turkey, Spinach, and Hummus Cucumber Noodle Roll Ups. It was the hottest day of the summer after all, and turning on the stove would have caused me to burst into flames.
Turkey, Spinach and Hummus Roll Ups with Spiralized Cucumber Noodles
These quick and easy (and low-carb) roll ups demonstrate one of the killer attributes of Inspiralize Everything: there are recipes for every level of difficulty and every kind of situation. There are beautiful, more elaborate dinners to share with friends, weeknight meals to make on the fly, nutritious breakfasts, and simple, quick lunch staples like this one.
What makes these roll ups such a snap to make, and what keeps them so light and low carb/low calorie, is that you don’t use a tortilla or wrap; you use the turkey deli meat as your “tortilla.” If you want them to be a bit sturdier (to prevent ripping), I’d suggest doubling up and stacking 2 slices of turkey on top of one another. Add a smear of hummus on the turkey for flavor, a handful of spinach, and a pile of spiralized cucumber noodles for crunch!
The cucumber noodles are refreshing, crisp, and fun, and they double the size of the roll ups! Make them in the best spiralizer on the market: The Inspiralizer!
Turkey Spinach and Hummus Roll Ups with Cucumber Noodles
- 4 slices of deli turkey recommended: Applegate Farms
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 2 teaspoons hemp hearts optional
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium seedless cucumber spiralized with Blade D, noodles trimmed and pat dry
- Hot sauce for serving
- Lay out the turkey slices on a clean, dry surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of the hummus on each and top evenly with hemp hearts. On the short side and farthest from you, add about ¼ cup of the spinach leaves to each, then top with about ¼ cup of the cucumber noodles.
- Roll it up like a burrito. Secure with a toothpick if needed and drizzle with or dip into hot sauce.