Eating my fruits and veggies is so much more enjoyable when they remind me of my favorite sweet treats. This creamy, cool, and sweet smoothie bowl has all the flavors of banana bread, but with a healthier roundup of ingredients. Here’s what’s inside: frozen banana, almond milk, oats, almond butter, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
Oats in smoothies? I know. But trust me, they’re perfect. Oats add a grounding heft, giving the smoothie bowl a heartier, more filling (banana-bready) texture. But they also add fiber—and so does the almond butter, which is full of healthy fats, fiber, and protein. It bumps up the richness of the bowl, too. The star flavors, though, are the cinnamon spice and vanilla. They’re what give the smoothie that warm and toasty taste we associate with banana bread.
Banana Bread Smoothie Bowl
- ⅔ medium ripe banana sliced and frozen
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Splash vanilla extract
- ¾ cup ice 6 large ice cubes
- ⅓ ripe banana sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- Blend all smoothie ingredients (banana through ice).
- Pour into a bowl and top with banana, chopped almonds, and coconut flakes.