I’d like to say I made this slaw to celebrate spring verging on summer weather,
I made it to remind me of the two things I ate most often in Central America: pineapple and cabbage.
I’m missing sweet and tart together on every plate, brightness and freshness at every meal.
This is my latest remedy.
Pineapple Slaw with Creamy Ginger Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup thick Greek plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage- green or napa
- ¼ cup minced scallions
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, ginger, salt, pepper, lime, sugar, and oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, scallions, pineapple, and almonds. Pour the yogurt mixture over the top and toss to combine, making sure all of the cabbage is coated.
- Cover and place the dressed slaw in the refrigerator to allow flavors to blend for at least 1 hour before serving.